Friday, April 19, 2013

Music

          Music. I can't make any. I have no talent for it. And yes I have tried. Two years in orchestra as a viola, one year in chorus as an alto, and x number of years in choir. And I can't sing to save my life. I can barely find rhythms to which to dance to. 
          But I do appreciate music. 
          I love the way bass makes me dance. I love the quirks and rhythms and the way certain voices sound. I love most music and find myself with my headphones plugged in most days for most of the day.
          Now my music tastes are eclectic. And they shift through phases. I range from classic rock to hard rock to industrial rock. (Okay I admit, I don't dabble much with death metal.) I skim through foreign languages like German, Russian, and Japanese. I listen to popular radio, video game and anime soundtracks, weird shit from the depths of the internet. I move from light and soft soothing sounds to headbanging and angry lyrics without flinching (okay sometimes the volume levels make me flinch). 
          I tend to dwell and explore the niches of music with my phases such as melodic dubstep or steam punk bands or electric swing. I like anything with good vocals or smooth instruments or interesting lyrics.
          The few categories of music I dislike are country, boring classical, auto-tuned vocal where there is no talent behind the voice, and songs that just screech at me (encountered in both rock and dubstep). 
          But chances are that I'll try to listen to anything at least once. So feel free to poke around the links above and suggest other songs/videos to me. Most of the links above, I listen to on a daily basis in a mixed playlist on youtube. (Because I am too cheap to buy my own music outside of Linkin Park.)

No comments:

Post a Comment