Friday, April 26, 2013

Dragon Prince


          My original file title for this was Dragon King, and then I realized I didn't give him any ruff or enough pomp to be a king so he got down graded to prince. Another quick sketch, though this one too longer than yesterdays. I love dragons. I love them in any culture, any size, any type, any setting, any genre. Dragons are just cool. 
          I used a color outline with darker for the over scales and lighter for the under scales and wings without any shading. I did look at a reference to get the general pose but then drew the rest on my own. I think his head is probably the best part and wing joints the weakest. I added the gold jewelry and sword to give him a story. 
          Prince is part of the lava dragon clan inhabiting a chain of active islands. He is the son of the clan's head. He's an arrogant little shit who likes to wear his formal jewelry every day to proclaim his status. He is hot headed and quick tempered. The rest of the clan only puts up with him because of their leaders' benevolence towards him, but they take every opportunity to put him back in his place (it doesn't work). Somehow he does have a close friend, his shell mate, who puts up with him and keeps him out of serious trouble by redirecting his attentions when necessary. Prince is fiercely loyal and is actually a decent fighter. He has lead the charge against invaders successfully several times. In fact the only time he's not an asshole is when he is on the battle field.










No comments:

Post a Comment