Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Happy Birthday Bro

          Today is my brother's birthday. He's turning old enough to legally drink. I am going to have to take him out for a beer or two once his school gives him some time off from his super busy schedule.
          Yea, you get a post all to yourself, Bro. I can't tell you how happy it made me when you told me that you read my blog. I know you said it was just because you were bored in class but you still read that and I think that is really really cool.
          I am really proud of you. I know it feels like the universe is against you and it pretty much has been since third grade for you, starting with the changes to the target program. But each time you've gotten through it. You still kick ass no matter what they throw at you. And that is awesome. I just sorta coasted by. You ground through it and I think you'll come out better for it. There aren't many who can get through Tech in under four years. I mean, I took five to do mine (switching majors is my defense). You really tried the football thing but I am glad you stepped away from that. I know that was hard for you and took a lot of courage. I know how much you loved it in high school and that is one of the top things I would change for you, I'd give you a great college football experience if I could. But hey, between you and Dad, I can hold my own in sports conversations.
          Being able too hang out with you recently reminds me of how cool of a brother you are. Your humor and ideas are great. A little bit scary, but still great. For as much teasing as you give me (and most of it deserved), I like hanging out with you. Makes me feel slightly more normal. I actually miss having you as a roommate to chat and hang out with after classes and to play video games with. Yea, I'm going to miss even the small hangout times I get now when I fly up to Chicago, but you can always come visit. 
          Anyways, enough gushy stuff. Happy Birthday, Bro. Don't kill your liver tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment