Sunday, June 23, 2013

Throne Art


Okay this is actually for another project that I am working on but I am just so damn proud of this throne that I wanted to share it here as well. Some of the shading on the arms and seat make sense with when viewed with the guy sitting on it but I'm not including him for this blog. This is all drawn, no borrowed textures (though there are so many references used, most notably on the back wall). I think my happiest parts are the center top portion of the throne, the velvet back of the seat, and the front piece of the throne. I hope that the ground looks like marble. I tried to remember a technique I've seen done before on painted wood that made it look like marble but I don't have enough control over my brushes in photoshop to replicate it exactly.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment