Saturday, June 22, 2013

Superhero Powers?

My favorite superheroes are the ones that aren't born with powers or mutated/radiated into powers but build their powers up with incredible intelligence and butt loads of money. Mostly because I wasn't born with superpowers and I don't want to take a chance with radiation or vats of acid or mutated insects. Lots of money is somewhat reasonable (fingers crossed) and I can always buy super geniuses with my buttload of money. Well, I just found an article that may support my dream of becoming a technological super hero.

This article covers the technological advances that mimic some known super powers such as invisibility or super strength or flying. All seem fairly plausible and will probably continue to be improved over time as technology continues to increase.

Now I just need to earn/find/win the money and then I'm set.



Personally out of the superhuman super powers, I have always been fascinated with a couple from the X-Men cast.

Storm is definitely one of my favorites because she is totally kick ass without a lot of the whiny background and then she has control over the forces of weather. She had control over nature herself. And she can fly using that power. But as a wind/earth aligned persona, I absolutely love the idea of controlling the wind. It's everywhere and so always accessible. Control over water would also be cool but I've never wanted anything to do with fire. Earth would also be appropriate but not as easily manipulated, as is the base characteristics of earth/rock.

Wolverine's healing power is also very useful as he is pretty much immortal. I'm not sure if he's actually ever been killed in canon, but only extreme circumstances would do it (decapitation is up there on the list). But to eliminate the fear of permanent damage would be awesome. It doesn't preclude the fear of pain as it's not invincibility.

Telekinesis would be nice as well as long as it doesn't include telepathy. Mind control and mind reading don't really sit well with me. But the other two are definitely powers outside of technology that I would love to have. Not sure how they could be controlled through technology (as my brain helpfully offers the idea of nano healing technology, but personal weather control is still unknown).

Now to figure out my superhero name and person.

No comments:

Post a Comment