Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Wow, yea I've been doing a terrible job keeping this up. And for fairly valid reasons. Work has been keeping me busy instead of giving me ample time to lounge around which is why I even started this thing. I've also been exploring Chicago and trying new things and working on being social. I had escargot two days ago (it's like an earthy oyster). Also signed up for online dating in order to meet people because wow, am I socially awkward. But hey, it's getting me out of the house and actually wearing dresses and skirts (but really, I'm throwing the skirt on as soon as I get home, steel toed boots don't make me feel pretty and after 8 hours of wearing them every day, I wanna feel pretty). So that's keeping me busy from writing on here as well as the fact that I am continuing to work on those side projects. I still need to shift more attention to my own stories but those are still cooking in my head, getting better with each time I share them with someone. But these side projects: I only have two individual works that I am writing in spurts (the latest garnered a lot of good tears, makes me happy), one long fic that I am working on with my awesome writing partner (seriously having a writing partner is something I've wanted forever and wow she's good at the inspiration/idea throwing/motivation/editing/fun), and then the weekly publication that just hit forty stories (average is about 3k words) over 34 weeks plus drawings for it at follower intervals. We have 560 followers for that blog.

So yea, things are going good here. Everything is gorgeous with lots of parks and city and lake front beach. I have visited the aquarium and been driven around downtown in a convertible. I have seen Despicable Me 2 and gone dancing (briefly as I was not prepared). I am trying to eat healthy (still need to work on cooking more) and looking into buying a bike because wow it is flatter than Florida up here.

It's good. I'm happy. And things look bright.

Thanks for sticking around. I promise to have a quick story idea that I don't want to lose up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment