Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Cake is a Lie

This is a redraw from a pretty iconic scene from a nearly perfect game. If you don't recognize it then you are missing out and need to go find yourself a copy of Portal. Anyways, I drew this as a birthday gift to Em (yes I'm being cheap this year but I bet she'll find it cool). 
But I really enjoyed it because I had fun creating the textures of the different surfaces. Like the rough stippling on the end of the portal gun or the rusty patches on the barrels or the edges of the strokes on the chocolate. The shading style is pretty basic and I used outlines instead of making it flushed shapes of color but I think it brings an interesting look to the scene. Almost comicky. I didn't just want a copy of the scene but to take it and play with it. I'm happy with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment