Friday, May 17, 2013

How does one think?

I would like the chance to hear how someone else thinks. Just for like 15 minutes. I'd just like to be able to see how someone else's thoughts are put together. It wouldn't be like how it is usually portrayed in media as just a simple voice. Mine doesn't work that way. Yes sometimes I have a narrative where I am putting words together in something that resembles a sentence or a conversation but there are other ideas, connotations, meanings that lie underneath those words that narrow down your particular word into exactly what you mean to say or think. There are a lot of unthought thoughts that float around in my head that I brush past as I write, talk, listen, think to myself. There are the emotions, memories, background workings of a mind. It would be interesting to see how someone else worked. 

I've tried to describe how my thoughts work and some of the usual analogies are that thoughts are like clouds that materialize in my head, that they are like lily pads rising up from underwater to the surface of my conscious mind, that they are people who slip into the crowd unnoticed until they speak, that they are daisy chained trains that run all over the place, they are little packets of information that I have to open and then put together like a puzzle. These are all correct answers, but they don't fully explain it. But I have no reference to compare it to. I'd love to look into someone else's head and see how different or how similar our thoughts happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment