Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Writing Prompt

"Memory loss and/or Mental Illness with Delusions of Adventure and Planets" -Mid Sis's Prompt

It would be nice to know who I was. Who I am. They can't seem to tell me. I don't know if they don't know or if they just won't tell me. All I know is that they record everything when I talk about my dreams.
I don't remember my dreams for very long. They dissipate into the foggy clouds that seems to be the rest of my memories only leaving behind the taste of cotton candy and cinnamon sugar when I think about the night before over breakfast.

But it is not breakfast time yet and I am currently sitting by the wide open window watching the spring birds chase each other around the branches of the tree as I recounting my night spent travelling a lush purple planet whose flora bounces and shimmers in the violet moonlight. The glowing spots of yellow lead me along my path while my party follows close behind. We know the woods and plains hold no anger towards us, but there are those who hide that would make us pay for our justices against them.

Still, I am sure in my skills and stride boldly forward with my hand on my weapon and my friends at my back. I don't know how I know where I am going, my memory already fading, but the path is clear to me.
I pause briefly when we hit the edge of the jade cliffs overlooking the azure waters, foaming up into pink tips before swelling over the jagged rocks. I feel a sense of home yet my journey is not over.

Journey? Travelling? I don't remember going anywhere. But the feeling won't leave me as I sip on the chalky milk whose color matches the pale walls around me. I haven't left this place in quite some time, though I can't remember the view out of that window. I should look one day. Maybe there are birds out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment