Monday, June 10, 2013

Black Dreams Part 3

I’ve resigned myself to watching the Nothingness when it presents itself to me. I stare almost slack jawed into the abyss of my mind, but no matter how fast I get out of it or how long I linger, there is still nothing there.

I had a record of nine trips last night. I wonder how many I can get up to, though I will probably have to do to bed earlier than usual.

The Nothingness is so much quieter than the usual jabber of my mind. I always have too many stories running at once, too many for me to give attention to especially while I was trying to juggle the rest of my life. During my waking hours my mind continues to spew out characters, themes, and plots, most without connection to each other. It’s maddening that it won’t shut up except for in the Nothingness.

I just want to get away from it all. It’s too loud. It’s too busy. Why can’t my own mind leave me alone? I’m going to bed early today.

Today was rough. Everything was too much. No one knows how to be quiet. I miss the peace that I find in my dreams, in the Nothingness. Going to bed now.

People keep asking me if I am sick and I tell them no. Of course I’m not sick. Well… I am sick of their noise. It’s no wonder that I keep taking naps to get away from them.

It’s so much better there. I just want to stay. Good night.


She won’t wake up. This is her mother. I don’t know what to do. She won’t wake up. Does anyone know what is going on? The doctors don’t have an answer. Why won’t she wake up and what is all this talk about Nothingness? Please wake up!


Notes: so, Black Dreams is a small horror story inspired by a dream I had. The first one back on part 1. That happened to me and freaked me out. Like it still kinda haunts me today. It only happened once for me but I wanted to write out what might happen if it was reoccurring. First the narrator fights it but as it gets worse, she accepts it. Then she uses it as an escape until she doesn't want to, or can't, come back. Take it for what you will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment