Sunday, June 9, 2013

Black Dreams Part 2

It happened again.
A week after the first incident, I was having a perfectly normal dream. The usual sequence in which my band of heroes try to save the day. Except they succeeded before morning. And those damned credits starting playing, flying too fast to read or remember. And then it turns off. That horrible nothingness lulls my mind into staring blankly. I think I managed to ‘change the channel’ faster this time. But I am still reminded of the phrase “I stared into the abyss, and the abyss stared back into me.” Or however that is supposed to go. I hope it doesn’t happen again.

I’m getting pretty good at waking up faster. The last time I even woke up while the credits were still running. Of course I should be getting faster. I’ve had a dream end every night for the past four nights. It’s starting to affect me. I’m going to bed later and getting up earlier. My friends tell me that I’m getting crabbier. But I think I got a hand on figuring out when it’s happening so I should be able to sleep around it.

I’m not going to sleep anymore. I definitely don’t want to sleep anymore. I need to go a doctor and get some sleeping pills. I hear that you don’t dream when medicated. The reason I am freaking out like this is that the Nothingness came to me three times last night and my sleepy self can’t avoid all of them. Why is this thing plaguing me?

What does it want? Why does the Nothingness want me? I don’t understand. What is it? I tell my family and friends and they just laugh and think it’s just another one of my weird dreams. They don’t understand how… wrong the Nothingness is. My mind is a haven for stories but now it’s turned into an empty abyss of that Nothingness.

I’ve decided to sleep anyways. I’m gonna snap and kill someone soon if I don’t. I know the Nothingness is going to be there, but maybe if I ignore it… Maybe this is my brain’s way of ending all of those stories I’ve generated over the years… Maybe this is my mind finally getting some sleep… Maybe my family and friends are right in that the Nothingness is really nothing but a strange dream… Maybe…


There is nothing in the Nothingness. Ignoring it didn’t help and running from it didn’t help. I’ve decided to take my time to explore this phenomena that seems to follow all of my dreams now except those interrupted by morning. All of my dreams are ending with… that

No comments:

Post a Comment